Open Call Inversie Edition 2024
Are you as an artist connected with Brabant? Are you ambitious and do you want to invest in the artistic and practical development of your professional practice? Then you may be eligible for Inversie#4, a talent development program in Noord-Brabant for visual artists. Inversie is a short-term program that focuses on young or starting talents up to five years after graduation who have specific development questions in their practice. Until November 30 this year you can apply for Inversie via this open call.
How does it work
You can apply by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV, your portfolio and a motivation. After the deadline we will check in December whether your application is complete. You will receive a message from us in mid-December whether you are in the first selection.. We will have the selection interviews in January 2024 after which we finalize the selection and start the program in February 2024. Of course, you can always send an e-mail if you have any questions.
- You graduated two to five years ago
- Living or working in Brabant, or a connection with Brabant
- A proven autonomous and artistic practice
- A proven investigative or experimental work attitude
- Spend at least two days a week on your practice
- Available to participate in all parts of the program
- Willing to share knowledge and be a part of the group
- Insightful ambitions for the short and long term
Your application for Inversie consists of:
- Your motivation explaining the urgency for you to participate, detailing your development questions, ambitions, artistic vision, prove your activity within your practice in relation to the artworld, and reasons for wanting to join the program.
- Your CV with a relevant selection of your experiences and your complete contact details including website and social media links.
- Your portfolio with visual material and, if applicable, links to audiovisual content. For each piece, please provide the title, year of creation, materials used, context, collaborative partners (if any), and a brief description.
Inversie guides talented young visual artists who graduated two to five years ago – and are connected to Brabant – in the transition from the academy to a versatile professional practice. For ten months, artists who place their field of work outside the regular frameworks of the art world are guided in their artistic development and appropriate entrepreneurship. Inversie stands for reversing the ordinary order and also dares to go off the beaten track in search of innovative methods that suit the art and the artist. The strength of Inversie lies in the personal guidance, group bonding and substantive deepening, with which a foundation for self-confidence is laid in combination with workshops and expert meetings. Inversie works in the program with various partners in the arts in Brabant such as Kunstpodium T, Willem Twee Kunstruimte, Witte Rook, Stedelijk Museum Breda, TAC and Graphic Atelier Den Bosch.
Deadline: Thursday 30 November 23:59.
Application Inversie: email@example.com
Motivation: maximum 1000 words
CV: supply as PDF maximum 3 A4 and not smaller than font size 10.
Portfolio: supply as 1 PDF maximum 10 A4 and no larger than 20MB.
About TalentHub Brabant
The TalentHub program was set up by the Province of Noord-Brabant for the development of talent and to enable to work professionally. In the TalentHub, talents are selected by the sector itself and receive specific support through a network of festivals, venues, presentation institutions and various organisations. Whether it is a hub for music, theatre, dance, literature, design or visual arts, there is a central place for talent.